We are winding down on these wintry months, thankfully! Another giant snowstorm last week, almost didn’t make our flight out! Alexa and I went to go see my Mom, she moved to NC in July. Now the weather down there, awesome! 55 degrees and sunny, sounds perfect for March. We explored the American Tobacco District and ate at some incredible restaurants. I feel the best way to explore a new city is through their food. We had some of the best barbecue I have ever had. I am now a fan of Carolina style barbecue, vinegar all the way.
It was a whirlwind trip, only 2 days. Traveling is very exhausting, especially in such a short time frame. After working all day Monday, cooking was the last thing I wanted to do. Even though I thoroughly enjoy it, exhaustion had completely set in. I thought to myself, ‘what can I easily make with minimal effort?’ Roasted spaghetti squash. It requires minimal steps to make and paired with sauce (that you have smartly frozen for occasions like this) it was perfect. 45 minutes later, enjoying a healthy, hearty meal on the couch with a glass of red wine.
Recipe: Roasted Spaghetti Squash
2-4 Servings – 2 min. prep – 45-60 min. cook time
1 large spaghetti squash (or 4 mini )
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, carefully
- Scoop out all of the seeds
- On a foil lined cookie sheet, place squash scooped side out
- Rub olive oil along the entire inside
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes, (depending on size of squash)
- Remove from oven. Use a fork to scrap out the insides. It should form spaghetti like strands
- Serve with pasta sauce or just eat it plain!