Short and sweet post. This recipe is pretending it’s Fall and it’s getting chilly out, rather than it being 90 degrees daily. I have been cooking up quite a few new recipes, just need to remember to write them down 🙂 These mini pumpkin cheesecake bites are the perfect little treat. Bite sized with big pumpkin flavor.
The crust is super simple- graham cracker, almonds, butter, and a pinch of salt. Graham cracker based crusts are super versatile. They are delicious as a base for an apple pie- substitute almonds for pecans or for the base of a s’mores pie. You can’t go wrong!
The filling is also very simple- pumpkin puree, cream cheese, and whipped cream, plus spices. The whipped cream gives it a light, fluffy, creamy texture. Think of it as pumpkin pie and cheesecake combined, it’s just phenomenal.
This recipe is a great one for beginners. Limited ingredients, steps aren’t too complicated. Add a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate chips before serving. It can be as simple or as fancy as you want. Regardless of how you present it, it’ll be delicious.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
12 Servings – 20 min. prep – 15 minute cook time
For the Crust
10 full graham cracker crust sheets, honey or cinnamon
1/2 C almonds
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
pinch of salt
For the filling
4 tbsp cream cheese, softened
1 C pumpkin puree
2 C whipped cream
1 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg
1 tbsp brown sugar
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- First the filling- melt the butter in the microwave
- In the food processor, add graham crackers and almonds. Pulse until finely ground.
- Add salt and melted butter. Pulse to combine
- Grease a 12 count muffin tin or use paper liners
- Divide graham cracker mix equally into each muffin cup.
- Use the back of a spoon or measuring cup to press the mixture down.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Make the filling while the crust bakes. Soften the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl
- Add the pumpkin and whipped cream. Gently fold all 3 together
- Add the spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and salt. Gently fold into mixture
- Once baked, let the crust cool for about 30 minutes
- Once cooled, spoon filling evenly amongst the 12 cups
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- To serve, add a dollop of whipped cream and a few mini chocolate chips