A little taste of the ROC with this recipe. Buffalo anything and everything is delicious. Buffalo chicken wings, a cold beer, and a football game, classic Sunday up in NY. I miss those days. Quality chicken wings are hard to come by down in the South. I am sure there are a few restaurants that have them but it’s not as good as NY.
Anyways, I found myself missing them a lot recently. Friends would send me snaps from my favorite bar/restaurant. Mimosas in hand. So I decided to try making comfort food from home, using my new Air Fryer Oven, my Buffalo sauce recipe and a new friend, cauliflower. It did not disappoint. It was crispy like a wing, saucey like a wing, and went great with blue cheese.
Cauliflower is a vegetable I am not fond of. Raw or cooked. This was the perfect way for me to sneak in extra veggies, especially one that I don’t particularly like. It browns perfectly, gets super crispy, but is still soft on the inside. It doesn’t dry out at all. It may even be good with broccoli instead. Who knows, try something new! Also for those Keto friendly folk, this recipe is perfect. Crowd pleaser for everyone!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites- Air Fryer Oven
4-6 Servings – Prep: 15 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes
2 heads of cauliflower
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp butter, unsalted
½ C – 1 C Frank’s Red Hot
1 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Turn settings to Air Fryer. Turn Air Fryer temp to 350. Set timer to 25 minutes. (10 minutes to warm up)
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces. Try to keep them roughly the same size, better for cooking evenly.
- Put them in a bowl. Add oil. Toss to coat evenly.
- In batches, place cauliflower in air fryer basket. Spread evenly.
- Put into air fryer when it hits 15 minutes left.
- While that is cooking, using a sauté pan, turn heat to low.
- Add butter, hot sauce, and the spices.
- Whisk altogether.
- Once the cauliflower is golden brown, put into a bowl. Toss with the sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese, carrots and celery.