Just a simple post. Enjoy this recipe over fries, burgers, hot dogs, nachos, or if you’re from Western NY, a garbage plate. If you don’t know, now you know.
ROC the Meat Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes. Cook: 4-5 hours
2lbs ground beef. (1lb 80/20) (1lb 90/10)
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
½ tsp cloves
4 C water
1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat up dutch oven to med-high heat
- Add olive oil, meat and onions
- Cook until the meat browns. Break up into small pieces as it cooks
- Add garlic and spices. Mix thoroughly
- Add water
- Simmer, covered for 4-5 hours on low-medium.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon or immersion blender to make sure the meat is super fine.
- Serve over fries, with burgers, or famously in Western NY, garbage plates!