Quick and easy side dish or main dish for a vegetarian meal.
1 head of cauliflower
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
2 tbsp EVOO
¼ pecorino romano
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, spices, romano. Set aside
3. Carefully remove the majority of the stem on the head of cauliflower. Keep enough to hold it together
4. In a Dutch oven, add EVOO.
5. Spread ⅔ of the butter mixture over the cauliflower
6. Place cauliflower in the Dutch oven,stem down.
7. Put the lid on. Bake for 30-35 minutes
8. Remove the lid. Spread remaining butter mixture.
9. Cook for another 5-10 minutes to brown the top
10. Chop into large pieces
11. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes or ricotta gnocchi.